A TIME FOR QUIET AND REFLECTION, IN THE MIDST OF BUSY LIVES.
Saturday 22nd July 2017 9.30am - 3.00pm MARY MAGDALENE - Companion on the Way. Quiet Day led by Rev. Jenny Wilkens at Mary Potter Community Centre, 442 Durham St North. All Welcome.
St Luke’s Community Trust was established in 2003 following a door-to-door survey of the parish.
Social isolation and lack of transport for the elderly infirm led to the purchase of a community van, which is still used for some of the needs identified in the survey, namely:
- Weekly shopping runs for residents of Forfar Courts and Bishopspark
- Additional shopping runs as requested by elderly shut-ins
- Transport and accommodation for those who require it, to medical and hospital appointments
The purposes of the Trust are:
- To provide an avenue through which the Christian principles and values of St Luke’s Anglican Church can be transferred to the wider community
- To actively encourage Church participation in the local community
- To foster and promote community spirit and implement schemes of local community benefit
- To develop community initiatives in response to identified social needs
- To promote, conduct and publish research as part of a programme to educate New Zealanders
The St Luke’s Community Trust offers funding to clients who may be unable to meet ACC and WINZ criteria.
Clients are expected to make a contribution to costs, but the cost will depend on the client’s circumstances.
The counsellor is qualified and experienced in the field of need, with a broad experience over many years, and is a member of the NZAC.
The service is fully confidential. All enquiries welcome.
For appointments and enquiries: email us