CONVERSATION OVER SYNOD MATTERS
Sunday 20th August at 12.30pm - Conversation about Synod matters over a shared snack lunch and a glass of something convivial at Deb's home.
St Luke’s Community Trust was established in 2003 following a door-to-door survey of the parish.
Social isolation and lack of transport for the elderly infirm led to the purchase of a community van, which is still used for some of the needs identified in the survey, namely:
- Weekly shopping runs for residents of Forfar Courts and Bishopspark
- Additional shopping runs as requested by elderly shut-ins
- Transport and accommodation for those who require it, to medical and hospital appointments
The purposes of the Trust are:
- To provide an avenue through which the Christian principles and values of St Luke’s Anglican Church can be transferred to the wider community
- To actively encourage Church participation in the local community
- To foster and promote community spirit and implement schemes of local community benefit
- To develop community initiatives in response to identified social needs
- To promote, conduct and publish research as part of a programme to educate New Zealanders
The St Luke’s Community Trust offers funding to clients who may be unable to meet ACC and WINZ criteria.
Clients are expected to make a contribution to costs, but the cost will depend on the client’s circumstances.
The counsellor is qualified and experienced in the field of need, with a broad experience over many years, and is a member of the NZAC.
The service is fully confidential. All enquiries welcome.
For appointments and enquiries: email us